Monday, August 25, 2014

What I've learned in the first two weeks of marriage

Welcome to the first post on a new blog! Hurray! Go check out our about me and other links to read more about us and this blog!
So I thought it would be fun to post about what I've learned in the first two weeks of marriage (because I am obviously a pro....) and y'all can see what the first few weeks have been like so here we go! 

-Weddings are stressful. You might not think you're stressed but you are. Trust me, I thought I was fine until my body freaked out the week before the wedding and I was super sick. But apparently that's normal so I guess that's good. 
-You don't know as much about your spouse as you think you do. (which is also kind of fun because you're still learning new things!)
-You are suddenly a part of a whole new family. It's great and weird at the same time. Luckily my in-laws are all super awesome so I'm feeling pretty lucky. 
-Marriage is no place for being self-conscious.
-It's also not a place to be selfish.
-Being with someone 24/7 means you get to experience a whole new side of them...every side of them. Tired, hungry, smelly, slap happy, bored, angry and all of their emotions. 
-You will get in arguments. It's okay and it doesn't mean you love each other any less. 
-Sleeping in the same bed as someone is weird. I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and freak out that a man is in my bed...until I remember oh yeah, it's my husband. 
-You think you love them a whole lot and can't possibly love them more but your love grows. If it's grown this much in two weeks I can't wait to see what it's like in a few years. 
-It's awesome having someone there to kill all the bugs that sneak in to your house.
-Cuddling while falling asleep is the best and the worst. Seriously though cuddling is great and cozy until I get too hot and I can't sleep and I have to try and push him away. It's a dilemma every night. 
-It's a constant learning experience and you just have to learn to go with it. 
-It's fun!

The first few weeks have been so fun! We got married, roadtripped over 2,100 miles in three days, did another open house and then went on a week long honeymoon to Emerald Isle, NC. We couldn't have asked for anything better. 

Stay tuned for the next post all about our awesome honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment